Pages

Monday, 12 November 2012

Strings Attached - A Fender Electric Guitar in Watercolour


“Strings Attached”
© Laura Moore Watercolour Art


This guitar went through some weird and wonderful colour stages with glazing: golden yellow, pink, blue and finally red.  This was my experimentation with different colours and seeing what hues and tones things changed to with each layer.  The blue phase got me a bit worried as things turned very blue and I wasn’t sure if I would get it back to red at that point. 
 
 
Wet in Wet Versus Glazing 
Here is a 10 minute Youtube clip that talks about wet in wet versus glazing.  I hope this explains the difference for some of you who may not know.  

LINK: Charging vs Glazing    



      

10 comments:

  1. I love all those colors, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did an amazing work with this guitar, so many colors, so lively ...really love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this painting, such a gorgeous colourful piece. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es preciosa esta acuarela, los colores son muy llamativos. Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Wonderful watercolor, it is an original piece and very creative, i love the colors that you used in the background ! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mooi vertolkt met prachtige kleuren lieve groetjes Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful watercolor, Laura. Perfect background as well.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laura, I like this choice of composition. It has an abstract feel to it. The red makes it!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your compositions are so wonderful and I always learn something from you too. I watched the piece on charging and glazing, really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely shades with those whites laura

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to contact me with any enquiries regarding my artwork. Thank you for taking an interest in my art.