Pages

Tuesday, 21 August 2012

A Seahorse Watercolour with Texture Using Cling Film


  

“Seahorse”
© Laura Moore Watercolour Art

I used cling film to create texture in this painting.  
Some of you may know this product as saran wrap. 
It is really fun to do but you never know what you are going to achieve
which makes it quite exciting as no two paintings will ever be the same. 
 
Take a look at Gillian Toft’s clip below that explains how to use
cling film with watercolour in backgrounds. 









5 comments:

  1. Beautiful seahorse Laura! I like to use cling wrap for rocky foregrounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, this is wonderful! Thank you for the link to Gillian, I just watched it and between your painting and the technique she shows, I'm inspired and ready to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your seahorse and your background...and the video. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool seahorse! love the background too.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to contact me with any enquiries regarding my artwork. Thank you for taking an interest in my art.